Elmhurst, IL, Nov 12, 2012: NSM Music Inc. announced the launch of a new software update that brings cutting-edge design and functionality to their entire line-up of digital internet jukeboxes. Two years of development and months of testing have yielded one of the most modern, rich media music browsing experiences ever seen on a digital touchscreen internet jukebox. NSM’s new Touch & Slide interface integrates modern touchscreen swipe gestures like those found on tablets and smartphones into a lightning-fast and ultra-responsive digital internet jukebox for bars, taverns and restaurants.
“The new Touch & Slide interface provides the fastest, most responsive user experience of any bar jukebox”, said Bob Cooney, Senior Vice President of NSM Music, Inc. “Patrons can use swipe gestures to browse our huge online catalog of licensed music and to quickly scan their search results. It makes using the jukebox more fun than ever.”
The new software update also brings Play Next functionality to the NSM Music jukebox lineup, which was its most requested feature. Now patrons can pay an extra credit to have their song jump to the front of the queue. In addition to Touch & Slide and Play Next, other new features include:
- Artist Recommendations – When browsing music by artist, the jukebox now recommends other artists that users might be interested in. This music discovery feature has been proven to increase the average number of songs played, increasing revenue.
- Most Popular – Now the most popular category is split into two, one for most popular local plays and one for most popular network plays. This ensures that NSM’s unique automatic programming engine will keep the locally relevant music at the patron’s fingertips, while also adding the ability to discover what’s being played across the rest of the nation.
- Featured – A new “Featured” section showcases content that NSM’s music label partners are actively promoting. NSM’s first promotion is for the Warner Music Group artist fun., who’s recent album Some Nights spawned the smash hit We Are Young (featuring Janelle Monae).
- Search Results – Patrons can now easily sort your search results by song and/or artist, making it easier than ever to find what they’re looking for.
- New Karaoke Interface – There’s also a new updated look and feel to the Karaoke application, with a faster artist browser that lets patrons or the host quickly find the song they’re looking for among the NSM’s 6000 licensed karaoke tracks.
ABOUT NSM MUSIC GROUP LIMITED:
Founded in Germany in 1951, NSM Music Group LTD, based in the United Kingdom, manufactures and sells Jukeboxes worldwide. Headquartered in Leeds, England, with offices in Chicago, Germany and Dubai, NSM Music is a pioneer of the Digital Jukebox, distributing music content to UK-based operators through its own music server. NSM Music was the first jukebox manufacturer to be awarded the Phonographic Performance License for dubbing and downloading music in Europe. NSM has distributors in Ireland, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Malta, Greece, Dubai, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.